About Our Services
The BPW has a pump station located at Broad River to pump raw water to Lake Whelchel. Water is gravity flowed to Victor water treatment plant and Cherokee water treatment plant for treatment. Treatment for drinking water involves the removal of contaminants from raw water to produce water that is pure enough for human consumption without any short term or long-term risk of any adverse health effect. The processes involved in removing the contaminants include physical processes such as settling and filtration chemical processes such as disinfection and coagulation.
The following processes is used for municipal drinking water treatment:
- Pre-treatment of Sodium Permanganate for algae control and arresting biological growth
- Aeration for removal of dissolved iron when present with small amounts relatively of manganese
- Carbon Slurry to control taste and odor causing organic compounds.
- Coagulation for flocculation
- Coagulant aids, also known as polymers – to improve coagulation and for more robust floc formation
- Sedimentation for solids separation that is the removal of suspended solids trapped in the floc
- Filtration to remove particles from water either by passage through an Anthracite filter bed through a purpose designed filter that may be washable.
- Disinfection for killing bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.
The water is then stored in the onsite 6.1 MGD clear wells until the high service pump it into the distribution system lines. (IE: Peachoid Tank, Montgomery Tank, Smith Tank, Cherokee Falls Tank, and Macedonia Tank) The Elevated Tanks help distribute treated water to your home, they provide storage for fire protection and Tanks help provide pressure to the distribution system.
Backflow Device Test Form
Attention Backflow Assembly Testers: According to GBPW Backflow Policy, all Backflow tests are required to be turned in on the GBPW test form. All submitted tests not on our form will be sent back to tester.
Please fill out the form below and return to email@example.com, please put business name being tested in subject line.
Backflow Device Form