Your Home Town Utility
At BPW, we are more than just a Power, Water and Wastewater Utility. We are part of the community. Our Board of Commissioners is elected by the customers we serve. Its been that way since 1907. As a customer-owned utility, our decisions are made locally, that's what makes us responsive to you. Most of our employees are customers as well, and that drives them to provide nothing but the best in their responsibilities. Local Control, Local Service, Local Workers - That's what makes BPW Your Hometown Utility!
Enhanced Internet Information
Welcome to Gaffney BPW's new and exciting online information pages! We have always strived to give our customers the very best services possible, and our new look on the world wide web demonstrates that. We want only the best for our customers. That's why we want your suggestions about how we can make our online information the best it can be. If you have an idea or suggestion, please email us.
10 Easy Ways to Save Energy and Water:
- Turn down the thermostat on your water heater to 120°F and insulate the water heater tank.
- Keep your heating and cooling systems in tip-top shape. They run more efficiently and last longer.
- When buying a new appliance, look for the most energy efficient in your price range.
- Turn off the lights as you leave the room.
- Use natural sunlight to light your home and warm up a room in the winter. In summer, use shades or drapes to keep your rooms cool.
- Install a shower flow controller. It reduces the flow of water without diminishing the shower spray.
- Fix leaky faucets quickly. One drip per second wastes about 6,000 gallons of water a year.