Customer Service Policies
Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00 pm
Applications for Service Accepted at:
- Board of Public Works Office
210 East Frederick Street
Via Telephone - (864) 488-8820
Via Fax - (864) 488-8835
General Service Charge:
- Connect new service or transfer: $50.00
- Residential Homes with Gas: $175.00
- Residential All Electric Home: $250.00
- Residential Water: $100.00
- Commercial Average 3 highest monthly bills x 2
- Bank Draft
- Money Order
- Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Online (Visa, MasterCard)
Returned Check Fee:
- All returned checks will be charged a fee of $30.00.
Non-Payment Service Charges:
- All services are subject to disconnection and a non-payment service charge will be charged for all accounts in which full payment is not received in our office by 7:00 am the first work day following the due date posted on the bill. This includes payments received through the US mail.
- Monday - Thursday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm: $50.00
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm: $75.00
- Reconnects will not be made between 5:00 pm & 8:00 am. Customers must come to the main office when paying non-payment service charges so that services can be restored.
- All cases of Meter Tampering will be charged a fee of $250 plus reimbursement of all additional costs including related court costs.
- Our customer service representatives will also be happy to assist you in reserving the Lake Whelchel picnic facilities. In order to reserve the picnic facilities, customers must come to the main office to sign an agreement and post a $100.00 deposit ($75.00 will be refunded after use provided facilities are cleaned properly). Fishing is allowed with a valid SC Fishing License. Boating permits are available for a $25.00 fee.
The boat landing and picnic facilities are located just off I-85 at exit 95. Take the service road (Wilcox Avenue), directly in front of the Overnite Trucking terminal, and turn right onto Sierra Drive then bear right onto Boat Landing Drive.